Dear Eaton Academy Families,
The staff of Eaton Academy and I are excited to welcome all new and returning families to school on Tuesday, September 7th! There is great excitement for the start of the new school year with many new faces and old friends. Eaton Academy will be open 5 days a week for in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year.
We will continue to follow CDC guidelines which require all students, staff, and visitors to wear a mask while in a school building regardless of vaccination status. No parents will be allowed in the building during the school day without a scheduled appointment.
We will also continue proactive measures such as regularly sanitizing touch points throughout the building, including desks and chairs. Further, masks, hand sanitizer and wipes will be available throughout the building. We hope that you are ready and excited about beginning another terrific year at Eaton Academy, we are confident that with our professional, dedicated, and caring school staff and our supportive school community, we can make our school an extraordinary place for students to learn, achieve, and grow in a safe and secure environment.
Arrival to School
- ALL students must wear a mask throughout the school day. During recess, if students are outside, they may remove their mask if allowed at that time
- Students who walk to school or are dropped off by car should not arrive at school prior to 7:40 a.m.
- Students arriving at school by car should be dropped off in the “student drop-off” adjacent to the gym doors in the parking lot
- Parents will not be allowed to bring students into the building.
- Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. must be signed in by an adult in the main office. For safety purposes we ask that students are not dropped off at the curb. Please accompany your child into the office door. It is very important that your child attend school every day. If s/he must be absent, please send a note explaining why s/he was absent or contact the main office to report absences.
- Breakfast will be served to all students each morning at the start of school in their classrooms for no cost. Please have your child report to school on time in order to receive breakfast. The instructional day begins promptly at 8:05 a.m.
- Lunch will be served at no cost to all students during their assigned lunch time. For the safety of all students we will begin the year with lunch in the classrooms. When we begin to serve lunch in the cafeteria each child will be assigned a seat.
- Students will be dismissed from their classrooms at 3:25 p.m.
- Car riders will be dismissed first. If you are picking up a walker, please wait outside the building until your child is dismissed.
- Kindergarten walkers will be dismissed through the doors closest to the parking lot in the rear of the building; Pre-K/GSRP and walkers will be dismissed through the side doors closest to the flagpole; middle school walkers will be dismissed through front doors closest to gym doors.
- Car riders should be picked up in the student drop-off. If you are picking up your child by car, please do not
park or leave your car unattended as this causes unsafe conditions for all.
- Students are not permitted to walk across driveways or streets without an adult.
- Be sure to create an emergency plan just in case you are running late. There will be no supervision for your child after school.
For student health related information - You may contact the main office directly.
- If your child has a fever or is ill with a contagious illness or infection or is vomiting, please keep him/her home!
- Students should be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school. If your child tests positive for COVID 19, it is critical that the school is notified as soon as possible.
- Unvaccinated students who have been exposed to COVID 19 must quarantine for 10 days. We don’t want other students to get sick!
- Please review good hygiene practices with your child:
- Wear your mask at all times with nose and mouth covered
- Wash hands regularly – especially after using the bathroom
- Cover nose with inside elbow when coughing or sneezing to prevent spreading germs. Use a tissue to blow your nose.
- Do not share drinks or food with other students